Safety, Health & Environmental Policy
April 22nd, 2020
Timiskaming Forest Alliance Inc. (TFAI) is committed to the health and safety of the people who work in the forest and the continued health of the forest in our care. By operating in a safe, environmentally sustainable and cost-effective manner, we can improve the competitive advantage of our Shareholders and the prosperity of the communities that depend on the long term sustainability of these forests.
1. TFAI is committed to complying with occupational health and safety and environmental laws and regulations and other standards to which we subscribe.
2. TFAI is committed to continuously improving health and safety and environmental performance and to develop leading-edge forest management practices and standards through training and education programs.
3. Working safely, sustaining the forest environment and preventing pollution are conditions of working on the TFAI forest licence.
4. Shareholders and others who operate on the forest licence areas we manage are responsible for the health and safety of all persons working under their supervision or under contract to them, for protecting and promoting the forest environment, biological diversity, aesthetics, recreation, special sites, and for complying with health and safety and environmental legislation on their operations.
5. Shareholders and others who operate on the forest licence areas we manage must implement and maintain health and safety and environmental policies and management systems that use and promote sustainable forestry practices, must maintain records of performance and must report annually on their performance and compliance with health and safety and environmental legislation to TFAI.
6. Shareholders or their agents will conduct periodic inspections of operations and will issue stop-work orders to those who do not comply with health and safety and environmental standards and regulations.
7. Shareholders and others who operate on the forest licence areas we manage must promptly report all significant incidents and accidents that occur on their operations to TFAI.
8. TFAI will conduct annual reviews of health and safety and environmental performance reports and operations will be suspended for those Shareholders or others who operate on the forest licence who do not comply with this policy.
9. TFAI will communicate and inform the Shareholders of the Company’s policies, practices and standards.
It is further resolved:
That the Directors and Shareholders of the Corporation will review this Environmental, Health and Safety Policy each year in preparation for the Annual General Shareholders Meeting and that any proposed changes will be tabled at the Annual General Shareholders Meeting where the Policy will be annually re-endorsed by the Directors of the Corporation through a formal resolution.
The foregoing resolutions is hereby consented to by the Directors of the Corporation, as evidenced by their signatures on the original document.